Monday 15 July 2024

Pages from Copenhagen

I've switched from monthly round-ups to subject round-ups now, so today I'm sharing all the pages from Copenhagen on our Scandinavian cruise last summer. I've shown you the first one before, but I'm  posting it again now for completeness.


Each port of call has a 12x12 sub-title page in the album, all based around a 6x8 initial letter backed with a photo. The rest of the album is a mix of 12x12 and pocket pages.

(The numbers below are my page count for the year.)

54. Waterside Wander
This one has to be a 12x12 too as it sits back-to-back in the album with the one above. It has photos of some of the statues and memorials that we saw while walking from the quay to the town.


Supplies: Cardstock - UK Crafts, Bazzill; Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Tourist Mode;  Vellum - My Mind's Eye; Letters - Violet Studio; Stickers - 49 & Market; Enamel Dots - Altenew, My Mind's Eye, Marianne Designs

From here on, it's all pocket pages, but they gave me some trouble and I had to go for 'best fit' of photos and pockets, rather than strict chronological order (which I would normally choose).

55. Amalienborg
This royal residence is made up of four separate palaces arranged around an octagonal courtyard.


Supplies:  Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Tourist Mode; Vellum - My Mind's Eye; Letters - American Crafts; Labels - Teresa Collins; Glitter Tape - Unknown; Enamel Dots - Pinkfresh Studio, Carta Bella, My Mind's Eye, Altenew

56. Christiansborg / Børsen
A split page, with the top four pockets for Christiansborg, the Danish parliament, and the bottom two for Børsen, the old stock exchange. At one point I was going to miss out Børsen, but it burnt down earlier this year so I decided to include it as it looked last summer and also mention the fire.


Supplies: Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Tourist Mode, Pinkfresh Studio Life Right Now;  Enamel Dots - My Mind's Eye

57. Rosenborg / The Marble Church
Another split page, but a change in page protector style as I needed some vertical pockets. Rosenborg is a fairy-tale castle which used to be a royal residence and is now a museum. The Marble Church isn't made of marble; it was abandoned part-built for 150 years before being finished in limestone. 


Supplies: Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Tourist Mode, Pinkfresh Studio Out and About; Letters - Unknown; Stickers - 49 & Market, Heidi Swapp, Pinkfresh Studio; Enamel Dots - My Mind's Eye

58. & 59. Rundetaarn
I'm counting this as a double page, even though it's all pockets, as all the photos are from the same place - The Round Tower, an early 17th century astronomical observatory. It was part of the Trinitatis complex - the observatory, a library for the university and a church (though the old library is now an exhibition space).



Supplies: Cardstock - Bazzill; Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Tourist Mode, Amy Tangerine Shine On, Pinkfresh Studio Life Right Now; Stickers - Pinkfresh Studio, 49 & Market; Labels - Teresa Collins; Glitter Tape - Unknown; Enamel Dots - My Mind's Eye, Altenew

60. Rådhus / Nyhavn / Gefion Fountain
Last page from Copenhagen, and it's a bit of a mash-up of what's left - the Town Hall, a statue of Hans Christian Andersen, the coloured houses of Nyhavn and a fountain.


Supplies: Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Tourist Mode; Letters - Violet Studio; Stickers - 49 & Market, Pinkfresh Studio; Enamel Dots - Pinkfresh Studio

I have one more port left now. That's Stockholm, but I'm still pondering how to tackle it so I'll be scrapbooking other subjects in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment