Friday 11 August 2017

Purple Haze

Something of a throwback today, as I made this page in May and haven't got round to sharing it here yet. It has its roots in a walk I did in April, when I went to see the bluebells in Blake's Wood, and I both planned the page while I was there and ensured that I had the variety of photos that I would need. 


I saved making the page until National Scrapbooking Day as I was sure that there would be a song title challenge (and there was) but in the end I entered it in a tic-tac-toe challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper instead, choosing the right-hand column - no patterned paper, large photo and die cuts or punches. 

Perhaps surprisingly, I made the page exactly as I'd planned in my head; I printed my large photo on cardstock to get a softer image, machine-stitched around the edge, and layered a woodland view and a circular close-up over it. I kept the embellishment quite simple, with a chipboard swirl that I'd previously inked purple and then abandoned, plus a couple of punched butterflies and a scattering of gems.




I'll be sharing a mix of old and new pages here over the next few weeks; I have quite a few that I made for National Scrapbooking Day and shared at the time on Facebook, but I haven't blogged them yet. I saved them to fill a lull when I had one, but I've scrapped and blogged fairly consistently since then and the posts keep getting pushed back in favour of new stuff. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Teresa Collins World Traveller
Letters - American Crafts
Chipboard - Bazzill
Gems - ZVA Creative, Forever in Time

Tools
Sewing Machine
Butterfly Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment