Tuesday 1 August 2017

25 Days of Scrapbooking Words: 19-31 July

This is my second post relating to Shimelle's 25 Days of Scrapbooking Words prompts; you can see the first here. People have been sharing daily on Instagram or in the Facebook group Scrapbook Like a Superhero and Shimelle discussed each prompt in more detail in her original blog post.




I actually haven't been able to find old pages for all the prompts, but that means I have some new ideas for future titles.

19. Alliteration
I could have chosen any (sensible) adjective for the robin on this page, but deliberately chose to employ alliteration:



20. How Poetic
I picked a line from 'For the Fallen' by Laurence Robert Binyon for this page from the Air Forces Memorial at Runnymede. (The fourth verse in full is sure to be familiar to you: "They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn; At the going down of the sun and in the morning; We will remember them.")



21. Change One Word
Shimelle suggests taking a well-known phrase and changing one word for a page title. Not something I've ever done, but I'll give this idea some thought. 

22. Scrapbook Standbys
I tend to avoid the kind of titles that work for almost any page (documented, memories, remember, adventure, etc) in favour of something specific to the place or occasion, but I do find these words useful as part of a longer title.


23. Then & Now
I haven't used this exact title, but it's always interesting to pair similar photos from different times, such as the first and last days of school:



24. Good Times
Another of those 'suits any page' titles, but one that has never really occurred to me to use. It feels a bit nostalgic, so it may appear when I scrap the few photos I have from school and university.

25. A Lesson Learned
I've not been able to find a page for this prompt either, but my son's just passed his driving test, so there could be one soon (if I'm allowed to take his photo).

26. A Beautiful View
A beautiful view needs a big photo to show it off properly and I printed this one at A4. The title is slightly different, but I'm sure it counts.



27. Much-Loved Quotation
I don't use quotes much as my pages tend to be quite factual. However I do like "The world is a book and those that do not travel read only a page" (which is widely attributed to St Augustine, but appears to be paraphrasing a longer passage that he wrote). I used a tag with those words on a cruise page a couple of years ago:



28. An Open Letter
Not a letter as such, but I wrote the journalling on this page directly to my daughter:



29. A Mix Up
This is one that just won't be happening on my pages. I don't like mixed fonts within a word, and I'd rather change the title (or cut what I want on the Silhouette) than employ a mixture of letter styles. Having said that, I find that having one or two words in one size and font while the rest of the title is in another one is perfectly acceptable. Looking back, I can't find a single page with more than two styles/fonts.

30. Good Advice
Another prompt that just doesn't fit with my style of scrapbooking. My pages tend to be who/what/where variety, though I'm open to considering an alternative approach. 

31. Keeping It Real
Scrapping the not so great moments - I've picked a page from Austria last year, when our children and I went on a summer toboggan run down the mountain, stationing my husband at the bottom with a camera, and he failed to take a single picture of us careering down the tracks; we just a have a couple of photos of us as we went up, so that's what I scrapped.



No comments:

Post a Comment