Sunday 27 November 2011

Rachel & Mark

Another challenge from Scrap Whispers - this one is a sketch:


As often happens, my layout evolved as I worked and I finished with this:

I started from two photos of my cousin's children which have a strong blue background. The spotty paper matched them well but was rather insipid for the whole page so I decided to use a panel of it with a bolder background, although that meant dropping the banner. I used that blue colour for a border between the two papers and then added more borders to the photos themselves. This all meant that the title looked better moved over to the right and I just added the date on the far right hand side.

Supplies
Paper - Scenic Route North Shore Wipe Out, Sandylion Dots
Card - Core'dinations Royal
Letter Stickers - Stickopotamus
Letter Rub-ons - Doodlebug

2 comments:

  1. Love the background paper, and those photos are beautiful.

    Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap Whispers again!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your interpretation of this sketch - great job

    ReplyDelete