Saturday 24 November 2012

Dunkery Beacon

More 2006 photos, from a walk up to Dunkery Beacon, the highest point in Somerset. They were taken by the cairn at the summit and are rather similar. I decided to just line them up across the page, with my journalling on a tag. 



I wanted to fill the space next to the title but I wasn't sure how; a large embellishment cluster just didn't feel right on a geometric page. I recently discovered a versamark ink pad in a box of craft stash that my sister-in-law gave me so I decided to try it out with a mask covering the right hand side of the page not just that area. It may be a bit too subtle, but the space doesn't feel so empty now.

I wrote recently that I don't 'do' multicoloured titles, but such rules are made to be broken. The page was only had two colours when I added the title and this brought in a few more and added some interest. I then added the zig-zag strips that use many of the same colours, and the MME paper that I used for the tag has a subtle pattern too.

Supplies
Paper - Basic Grey Hang 10, Kodomo Waterfall, MME Howdy Doody, Unknown Map Print
Letters - KI Memories
Ink - Ink It Up! & Versemark
Zig-Zags - Basic Grey Plumeria

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
Tando Creative Harlequin Mask

No comments:

Post a Comment