Saturday 18 January 2014

Kelvedon Hatch Secret Nuclear Bunker

I started this double page for a challenge at Two Peas in a Bucket to scrap 6 or more photos on a page, but it took me a while to finish it and I missed the deadline. Nevertheless, the challenge gave me the push I needed to tackle my photos from the 'Secret' Nuclear Bunker at Kelvedon Hatch and fill in one of the gaps in my 2013 scrapbook.

Obviously it's no secret now, as evidenced by the multitude of brown tourist road signs, but this was one of a series of bunkers that were built during the Cold War to shelter government and military officials from a nuclear strike. The bunker was decommissioned in 1992, sold back to the family who had previously owned the land, and opened to the public.



It's a sombre subject, so I picked subdued colours for my page, starting from the khaki print from Basic Grey. I normally hand-write my journalling, but this time I printed it because there was a lot that I wanted to include. I didn't embellish, as nothing seemed suitable for the subject matter.

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania Kraft Basics
Paper - Basic Grey Hang 10, Crate Paper DIY Shop, Sandylion Sand, some unknown
Ink - Ink It Up!

Tools
Big Shot & Alphabet Dies
Amy Tangerine Date Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment