Wednesday 1 January 2014

1066 and All That

This was my final layout of 2013 and it's a mammoth layout, two and two half pages with 11 photos. My pictures are from Mountfitchet Castle, which is a modern reconstruction of a Norman motte and bailey castle, built on the site of the original (which was destroyed in 1215).

I've known for a long time that I was going to scrap these photos following Shimelle Laine's 4x6 Photo Love class from November 2011. This class used seven photos on a double page, with a 6x12 divided page protector in the middle, holding four more photos and two journalling blocks. I've used this layout before (World in Miniature) and it's really useful for getting lots of photos onto a double page of sorts.

This is the left page and the front of the insert:




followed by the back of the insert and the right page:




See that ticker at the top of the screen? My target for the year was to make 230 pages which would have matched those made in 2012. Sadly I fell short, only completing 197, but this is still an average of four pages per week for the 49 weeks that I was at home this year, so I won't feel too sad. This should be 5-6 albums full of pages, but my habit of jumping from place to place does mean that I have only actually completely finished two, my Olympic and Paralympic album, and the second of my 2012 albums (June - December). However I have only a few more pages to make from 2003 and that will be another one done. Now to set a target for 2014...

Supplies
Paper - K&Co Hannah, plus scraps
Numbers - MME Lush
Letters - October Afternoon
Label Stickers - Studio Calico
Gems - Dovecraft
Ink - docrafts

1 comment: