Thursday 20 November 2014

Boys' Dormitory

Another Hogwarts page for my Harry Potter album today - I picked three photos of the boys' dormitory in Gryffindor tower, two landscape and one portrait. My default layout when working with three pictures of mixed orientations is to make a row/column with two differently oriented photos and lay the third alongside/below, often backed by a circle of patterned paper.

I'm working with a kit of October Afternoon papers for this album (mostly Witch Hazel, with additional co-ordinating papers from other collections) and I don't have many whole sheets left now. I did have the black and blue print, but it was too dark to use a large amount. I cut two off-set circles to make a ring from that print and backed the inner part with a lighter pattern. I ran my title around the circle, and my journalling is another quote.



Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - October Afternoon Witch Hazel, OA 5 & Dime, OA Sasparilla, Echo Park This & That
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Wood Veneer Stars - Studio Calico
Mist - Docrafts
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Woodware Tag Punch
Woodware Tiny Star Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment