Saturday 8 November 2014

Potages / Scribbulus

I took photos of every shop in Diagon Alley at the Harry Potter Studio Tour, plus close-ups of some of the window displays. There are too many to give each shop its own album page, so I'm planning to scrap some of them in pairs. I did one page last week, but I'm not happy with it and it hasn't made it on to the blog yet. I think I used too many papers and didn't leave enough white space resulting in a very 'heavy' page. I've put it away for a few days and I'll see how I feel when I get it out again.

Meanwhile, Susan (Miniowner at UKScrappers) has posted her sketch challenge for November, and it's inspired me to try another shop page with a simpler design. 

I used different coloured mats for the photos and papers in the top and bottom parts of the page, with two title areas for the two shops. I machine stitched around the edge of the page and ran the words 'Diagon Alley' along one edge.


Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset, Bazzill
Paper - October Afternoon Witch Hazel, OA 5 & Dime
Letters - October Afternoon, Tim Holtz Idea-ology
Brads - Papermania
Wood Veneer Stars - Studio Calico
Mist - Docrafts
Ink - Docrafts, Ink It Up!

Tools
Sewing Machine
Big Shot & Tag Die
Hobbycraft Star Punch

1 comment:

  1. Amanda I just love your page! Thank you for joining on with my sketch challenge.
    Sue @ Me&Mine x

    ReplyDelete