Saturday 4 April 2015

The Squares of Salzburg

Sorry to those of you who noticed that this post is a day late, or who were looking for it yesterday. I normally publish my own version of my Scraplift Challenge on the 3rd, but spare time has been in short supply recently, and I only finished it late last night.

This month I've given you a double page to scraplift, but it would be dead simple to just do a single page if that's what you prefer to make. The reason I picked it was because I wanted to do something similar for our day in Salzburg last summer. 

The old town is a network of large squares and narrow streets and we followed a walk from our guidebook which told us a little about each one. I took the eight blocks from my previous page and made one a title, then gave the other seven to the squares and buildings that we saw, each with its own subtitle and journalling.



It's not an exact copy of my first page as I had fewer, larger photos this time. It's also a more layered page as my style (and my paper stash) has evolved since then (the original is from 2010 I think). The other major difference is in my title and journalling. Back then, both were generally printed on the computer (though I used a photo as a title here), but now I use letter stickers for titles and hand-write my journalling.

I'd love for you to join in with my challenge. Simply make a new paper page taking some sort of inspiration from mine, post it online and link up by the end of the month. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Original challenge post here. Full rules are linked at the top of my side-bar.

Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - My Mind's Eye Vintage Charm
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, Tim Holtz Idea-Ology
Stickers - Tim Holtz Idea-Ology, Bo Bunny Et Cetera
Gems - ZVA Creative
Ink - Ranger

Tools
X-Cut Corner Punch
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Papermania Postmark Stamp

1 comment:

  1. I actually like the Salzburg layout even more! And I just noticed the corner rounding. It's a nice touch.
    rinda

    ReplyDelete