Saturday 14 May 2016

Say Cheese

I'm combining NSD challenges again today, but this time there are only two of them! Shimelle posted a challenge to repeat a shape on your page, and in the For the Love of Pretty Paper Facebook group Natalie asked us to scrap using negative space.

I picked the Spin Cycle cut file from The Cut Shoppe with its repeating circles as the basis of my page and cut it from solid cardstock as I didn't want white edges to the cut and there's no way that I am going to ink the edges of all those openings. I kept hold of the middle circles and used them as templates to cut patterned paper pieces to back the negative spaces. 

I needed a photo without a story as too much journalling would have detracted from the design, so I picked a group picture of my daughter's Explorer Scout Unit, taken earlier this year. One of the older girls posted it on Facebook on the night that she moved on to Network (the group for 18-25 year old scouts) so I have no story. I'm going to ask my daughter to write a list of who's who (as I'm sure she'll forget in a few years) and I'll put that list on the back of the page.



I picked a co-ordinating card with a camera die-cut which I backed with a cardstock scrap and layered a camera wood veneer over it. The starburst wood veneer was lying on my desk and was perfect for filling one of the circles. I then had a rummage for a suitable third wood piece and found an @ to fill another circle and complete a triangle of wood veneer pieces. I was going to add a proper title, but didn't have an obvious place for it so I'm going to let the wording on the card double as my title this time.

Supplies
Carsdstock - American Crafts
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Free Spirit
Card - We R Memory Keepers Indian Summer

Wood Veneer - Studio Calico, Heidi Swapp
Gem - Doodlebug

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

Other
Spin Cycle Cut File from The Cut Shoppe

1 comment:

  1. I Really like your layout! From the cut file to the colours you used and the minimal amount of embellishment. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete