Monday 15 May 2017

Start Them Young

The third NSD challenge at For the Love of Pretty Paper was set by UK Scrap Addicts and was a two-in-one; they gave us two sketches to work from, a single and a double, and with two prizes on offer we could do both. 

I started with the double page sketch which I thought would work for an old set of theme park photos which I have tried and failed to scrap previously. I had five photos, and cropped four to squares, leaving one as landscape to take the place of two of the photos on the right of the sketch. Once I started laying out the photos though, I started veering away from the sketch a little.

My first decision was not to overlap the photos on the left, and to have them in two columns; then I moved up the paper on the right so that the photos there would be at the same height as the single one on the left, and I extended that paper panel to the full 24" of the double page. The paper on the left morphed too, into a panel covering about half of the left page, butted to the edge rather than being in the middle. My final change was the addition of a second circle; I had up to four on here at different times, but settled on two in the end.



The stripe and number papers are from the only Studio Calico kit that I've bought (June 2016) so I've also linked up with Mercy Tiara's 'One More Try' challenge - to use an old kit or collection. I was very disappointed with that kit as the papers really didn't fit together very well; I've mostly used them individually, but these two did match. The bright colours are perfect for a theme park and the number print links with my title. My son was less than a year old and my nephew was only two. They had a great time on the smaller rides and we adults did the bigger ones when they napped.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Studio Calico, Creating Keepsakes
Letters - Hobbycraft
Clouds - Quirky Kits
Stars - Studio Calico
Hearts - American Crafts
Washi Tape - Trimcraft
Mist - Mister Huey's, Maya Road

Tools
Kreaxions Circle Cutter

No comments:

Post a Comment