Tuesday 2 May 2017

A Walk in Blake's Wood

Last Tuesday had long been earmarked for walking another section of the Capital Ring, but a Facebook post from the National Trust promoting the bluebell woods of East Anglia soon had me changing those plans and I headed off to Blake's Wood near Chelmsford for a woodland wander instead.

I normally share my walks in moderate detail, with the photos in order, but this one was a bit different; despite printing out a route from the National Trust website, once I'd parked the car I just headed into the woods in search of the bluebells, and I forgot to start the Map My Walk app up. 

This was my first glimpse, from the edge of the car park. 



Heading into the woods, the bluebells just kept getting better and better as I walked:






As my feet wandered, my thoughts wandered too; thinking about scrapbooking the walk I realised that I needed some close-ups too.



I followed the paths round in a loop and found myself back at the car park all too soon, so I set out again, into a different part of the woods, and this time I did start the Map My Walk app.



Nothing much to say about the route, so I'll just share a few more bluebell pictures.







I'll admit that I thought a bit more about scrapbooking while I walked; I planned the whole page in my head as I went along and decided that there was one more photo that I needed:



I'm going to print this photo on cardstock as my background (printing on cardstock gives a softer image than printing on photo paper) and layer a 4x6 print of one of the woodland views over the top or bottom edge, next to a smaller print of one of the close-up photos. I've even decided on a title - Purple Haze - but since this is a song title I'm not going to start the page before National Scrapbooking Day (6 May this year) as I'm expecting a song title challenge to be set then.


No comments:

Post a Comment