Wednesday 26 July 2017

Sailing By

Scrapbooking challenges are easy when a sketch matches up with a page that's in your head! One of the six sketches that make up this month's challenge in the For the Love of Pretty Paper scrapbooking group had two row of portrait photos, and I have a set of ship photos that I envisaged scrapping as two columns. Rotating the sketch gave me the perfect pairing.

My photos are from earlier this year when the tall ships race left Greenwich, accompanied by a 'parade of sail' for the first part of their journey. We live near the Thames and drove to Rainham Marshes to watch them sail by.

There's not a lot of colour in my photos other than the blues of the sky and water, which I didn't want to repeat in my papers, so I tried them against various backgrounds, looking for an interesting pattern that wouldn't overwhelm the pictures. I eventually picked a pink polka dot on mottled grey background that reminded me of clouds and matted all my pictures on burgundy cardstock, which contrasted nicely with both the photos and the background.



The banners in the centre of the sketch became one vertical strip of anchor paper, and I moved the title to replace one of the photos (along with my journalling).

Supplies
Paper - Fancy Pants Country Boutique, Kesi Art Kiss My Neon, Studio Calico Atlantic, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine
Letters - American Crafts
Stickers - Studio Calico
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug

No comments:

Post a Comment