Saturday 14 October 2017

A Scraplift Starting Point

Jan's Page
Something a bit different today, as I'm sharing an unfinished page. I sometimes make these 'starting point' pages in order to kill a kit or collection, but this one came from the recent game of Scrap Whispers at UKScrappers

The third page that I was given to scraplift had these lovely sprays of flowers on the diagonal, which drew me to a large scrap of Teresa Collins paper with a floral that was perfect for fussy-cutting. 

However, having ploughed through 30 years of photos I had to conclude that I didn't have any photos to work with the pinks and green of that scrap, and I reluctantly decided to proceed without one for now. I tracked down some matching paper papers from two 6x6 pads and layered them in the middle, tucked my flower sprays into opposite sides, added swirls of gems and spattered the diagonal with silver mist. Looking back at Jan's page, I realised that I had forgotten to stitch that circle, an element I'd intended to keep, and added that too.



I really like this page with its soft colours and delicate flowers; I hope I take a suitable photo before too long, and I have silver letters ready for a title once I get that far.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Teresa Collins Something Wonderful, We R Memory Keepers Love Notes, KaiserCraft Secret Bird Society
Gems - ZVA Creative
Mist - Mister Huey's
Thread - DMC

No comments:

Post a Comment