Tuesday 10 October 2017

Now & Then

For the last month, we've been playing a new game of Scrap Whispers over at UKScrappers. The idea is similar to that of Chinese Whispers, but with scrapbook pages. We played in teams of four and each passed a scrapbook page from one person to the next, scraplifting it in turn to make a chain of related pages.

Shimelle's Page
I started my chain with a page scraplifted from one of Shimelle Laine's 'Friday Live' videos on Facebook. The pair of vertical 4x6 photos was exactly what I needed for a 'Now & Then' page from the Briksdal Glacier in Norway.

We first visited the glacier in 2008 and knew that the ice had retreated substantially since then so I had planned a comparison page even before we went away, and this was the first page I made when we came home.



It seems that one thing I can't account for was the change in lighting/camera as the old photo is rather browner than new, and the true colour is probably somewhere in between.

When I collected my supplies together for this album, I had a plan of repeating this globe stamp from Shimelle throughout the album, and filling it with various papers to match the different pages. I hadn't originally intended to add the word stickers, but having added one on this page, I've repeated them on all my globes so far.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - Photo Play Boarding Pass, Echo Park Winter Park
Vellum - My Mind's Eye Necessities
Letters - American Crafts
Numbers - Basic Grey
Puffy Stickers - MAMBI
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz
Washi Tape - Tesco, Little B
Enamel Dots - Studio Calico
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's


Tools
Big Shot, X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die & Spellbinders Circle Die
Shimelle Starshine Stamp Set

No comments:

Post a Comment