Saturday 8 October 2022

Mallyan Spout

I have umpteen albums on the go at present, but one that I have badly neglected is my 2022 annual album. For the past few years I mostly kept the annual albums up to date as we went along, but this year that's been a failure. We're in October now and I have made precisely five pages. I'm starting to rectify that with our Easter holiday in Yorkshire for which I've made two pages previously.

I try to use a kit of papers for holidays so that they make a distinct sub-section in my annual albums and for this one I have a mix of papers from Simple Stories and Bo Bunny which share a similar colour palette though the Bo Bunny collection is cleaner and brighter than the Simple Stories papers.

I'm jumping off with a page for Mallyan Spout, a waterfall on the edge of the village of Goathland on the North Yorkshire Moors. I printed two 4x6 photos and based my page on the September sketch from For the Love of Pretty Paper. I see the sketch as being a band of patterned paper on a plain background, but I switched it to add pattern to the top and bottom of my page, with a plainer middle section. I had to play with the proportions as my photos are bigger, and I switched the positions of title and journalling, running the title vertically in the reduced space.


Supplies
Cardstock - Bo Bunny, Papermania
Paper - Simple Stories Hello Today, Simple Stories Simple Vintage Coastal
Letters - Simple Stories
Word Sticker - OneCanoeTwo
Gems - Hobbycraft
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Bog Shot & Dovecraft Label Die
American Crafts Scalloped Border Punch
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment