Saturday 8 April 2023

Gran Canaria

I'm sharing another 'sub-title' page for my Canary Islands cruise album today; I make one of these for each port of call to make a clear divider between one place and the next. All the pages so far have followed the same template with a 5x7 photo matted on a 6x8 paper layered over four vertical strips of paper. 


We left Gran Canaria in the evening so I had two photos of the town of Las Palmas that I wanted to include in my album, views by day and by night. I considered making my normal sub-divider page with the daytime photo and making an extra page for the nighttime one but the way the album has planned out there isn't space for the extra so I decided to use both here. I printed them at 4x6, cropped the top and bottom of each image and matted them in a block. In order to provide continuity, I kept most other things on the page the same, with the 6x8 paper behind the photos, the four vertical strips and the island name in the same font.


The photo block looked best pulled slightly to the left rather than being centred, so I moved my main embellishment cluster to the right this time.

Supplies
Paper - SO'BB, Heidi Swapp Carefree, Jen Hadfield Peaceful Heart
Letters - Maggie Holmes
Puffy Stickers - Elle's Studio, Jen Hadfield
Day Sticker - My Mind's Eye
Ephemera - Heidi Swapp, Rosie's Studio
Cork Geotag - Studio Calico
Enamel Dots - Simple Stories
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment