Monday 25 September 2023

Vigelandsparken

With Oslo being the capital of Norway, we ticked off all the standard capital city buildings on the sight-seeing list - parliament, cathedral and royal palace - and they are all in pocket pages in my album. The main focus of our day was the Vigelandsparken installation in Frogner Park, 80 acres of park with 212 sculptures by Gustav Vigeland. I've switched to 12x12 pages to document this, and there were so many sculptures that I'll be making four pages in all.

The park splits into three main areas - the bridge, the fountain and the monolith - and they will get a page each, with this one being an overview. I used an A4 photo to show as much as possible of the park, and you can see each area in line if you know what you are looking for.

I'm using Pinkfresh Studio's Tourist Mode collection for this album but I've found that a lot of the papers are too bold to use as backgrounds and I would soon run out of the quieter ones. Therefore I've used white cardstcok with mixed media for a lot of my pages. My photo covers most of this one, so I used a stencil on the top and bottom portions of the page, put my title on the photo itself and added embellishment clusters on opposite corners. 


Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, Craft UK
Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Tourist Mode, Pinkfresh Studio Out and About, Pinkfresh Studio Life Right Now
Letters - Creativity Inspired
Glitter Tape - The Works
Puffy Stickers - Pinkfresh Studio, MAMBI
Stickers - Tim Holtz
Enamel Dots - Pinkfresh Studio
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Big Shot
Dovecraft Tag & Label Dies
X-Cut Scallop Border Punch
Vicki Boutin Fernwood Stencil
In a Creative Bubble 'You Are Here' Stamp Set


No comments:

Post a Comment