Tuesday 19 September 2023

Oscarsborg Fortress

After a run of pocket pages, I'm returning to 12x12 today. This page will slot in after my Oslo sub-title page and before the four pocket pages which document the city centre buildings.

We sailed past Oscarsborg Fortress in Oslofjord on our way into Oslo; it gets the 12x12 treatment due to chronology rather than being a special place we visited. I printed a couple of 4x6 photos and scraplifted my own past page (Worbarrow Bay).

I'm making this album mostly with papers from Pinkfresh Studio's Tourist Mode collection which I have found to be predominantly shades of blue and yellow so far. However there are a few multi-coloured patterned papers in the collection and I've used two here. Hopefully the coral and orange won't look too peculiar now when they appear on other pages later on.

I included a large circle in the design too, just to shake things up a bit; that gives me a shape to repeat in the album and breaks up the monotony of rectangles.

There's a little bit of journalling on the page background, but I also turned the top photo into a pocket to hold more information about the history of the fort, including it sinking a German heavy cruiser in 1940, thereby delaying the invasion of Norway.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft UK, The Craft Place, Bazzill
Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Tourist Mode, Pinkfresh Studio Brighter Days, Pinkfresh Studio Out and About
Letters - Elle's Studio
Stickers - Pinkfresh Studio, 49 & Market
Puffy Stars - Elle's Studio
Enamel Dots - Pinkfresh Studio
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter and Circle Template
Big Shot & Dovecraft Label Die

No comments:

Post a Comment