Saturday 2 September 2023

Opera House / Munch Museum

I've shared five sub-title pages for the ports we visited on our Scandinavian cruise so far and, although I have one more to go, I am moving on now to other pages. I will be mixing 12x12pages in with divided page protectors for this album and today is the first of those divided pages.

When I make an album just with 12x12 pages I can jump around as I like and put them in order later on with the only restriction being the position of any double pages. With divided pages I have to make a rough plan in advance so that the backs and fronts fit together. I have a few different layouts - with all landscape pockets, all portrait or a mixture of the two.

My first divided page is from the Norwegian capital Oslo and features a couple of buildings that we could see from the ship - the opera house and the Munch museum. I have three landscape pockets for those; I filled two with photos and added a journalling card in between. Once we disembarked we walked up and over the opera house, and saw a couple of sculptures which I put in the portrait pockets with a bit of journalling about each one.


I used teal blue as an accent colour on the page, inspired by the banner piece which I found leftover from a previous travel album. I followed it up by matting the sculptures on the same colour and stamping my title letters with it.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Tourist Mode, Pinkfresh Studio Life Right Now, Pinkfresh Studio Out and About, Shimelle Glitter Girl
Journalling Cards - Studio Calico?
Letters - Jillibean Soup
Glitter Tape - Unknown
Enamel Shapes - Shimelle, Maggie Holmes, Altenew
Ink - Ranger, Let's Color

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Banner Die
Elle's Studio Medium Tile Alphabet Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment