Tuesday 28 May 2024

Parkrun Pages

A change from the monthly round-up post. I made so many pages in May that  I'm going to split them by theme/album and I think I will do that in future too, posting as and when I switch rather at the month end. I also posted a Twilight Crafts DT page separately earlier this month, and I'll try to do that for future DT pages.

May started with National Scrapbooking Day, with  its multitude of challenges. For this I chose to work on my Parkrun Continued album as the 8x8 size makes for quicker pages than 12x12 (and each one counts as half a page for my page count for the year).

41.5 Return of the Matt
Marking my husband's return to parkrun; he did three when I started, then stopped and came back the following year. This page ticks off three challenges: a scraplift from Scrap Squad, cool colours for GoGo Getaway and border punches for Hey Little Magpie.


Supplies: Paper - Pebbles, Fancy Pants, My Mind's Eye, Studio Calico, October Afternoon; Letters - Fancy Pants, Echo Park?; Enamel Shapes - Marianne Designs

42. Cancelled
Back to March 2020 for this page as I wanted to document the "Covid pause" in my parkrun album. I took the colours from the cornonavirus ephemera, which matched another colour challenge from GoGo Getaway, and combined that with another scraplift from Scrap Squad and stitching for Hey Little Magpie.


Supplies: Cardstock - Bazzill; Paper - Unknown Background, Pinkfresh Studio Escape the Ordinary; Ephemera - Simple Stories Quarantine Life; Enamel Dots - My Mind's Eye, Hey Little Magpie; Thread - DMC

42.5 Shorne Woods
A spot of parkrun tourism back in 2022 when we visited our NENDY (Nearest Event Not Done Yet). Another Scrap Squad scraplift and warm colours for GoGo Getaway.


Supplies: Cardstock - Papermania; Watercolour Paper - Tesco; Paper - Amy Tangerine Late Afternoon;  Sticker - Crate Paper; Washi Tape - Vicki Boutin; Gems - KaiserCraft

43. Auldcathie District
The first of three Scottish parkruns on our road trip last year. I used sketch #117 from Scrap a Sketch with supplies from 49 and Market.


Supplies: Paper & Ephemera - 49 and Market; Enamel Shapes - We R Memory Keepers 

43.5 Kirkwall
We planned our trip to be in Orkney on the middle Saturday for Kirkwall parkrun as we're unlikely to ever return there.


Supplies: Paper, Washi & Stickers - Vicki Boutin Fernwood; Letters - Doodlebug;  Enamel Heart - Prima; Nuvo Drops

44. Ganavan Sands
The last of our Scottish parkruns. It was another Scrap Squad scraplift, using hexagons for Hey Little Magpie and a turquoise colour scheme for GoGo Getaway.


However, once the page was in the album, the monochrome colour scheme and lack of paper stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the ones around it, so I reworked it with some paper hexagons layered over the stamping. My papers were more green-turquoise than blue-turquoise so I had to jettison the arrows.


Supplies: Watercolour Paper - Tesco; Paper - My Mind's Eye Now and Then, DCWV Linen Closet; Butterfly - Studio Calico

44.5 100 Runs
This page was my second May DT page for Twilight Crafts, to mark my husband's 100th parkrun. I used the Layered Circles cut-file to frame the photo, cut from orange textured cardstock to match his shirt.


Supplies: Cardstock - The Payper Box; Paper - Scrapberry's Summer Joy, Studio Calico; Letters - Tim Holtz; Label, Hearts & Arrow - Unknown


45. 200 Runs
My unofficial milestone run from June last year; I'm closing in on 250 now which will officially earn me a shiny new green milestone t-shirt. I used a combined sketch and colour prompt from Scrap a Sketch for this page.


Supplies: Cardstock - DCWV; Papers - Maggie Holmes Gather, Carta Bella?, Studio Calico, Pink Paislee; Vellum; Letters - Fancy Pants; Flowers, Gems & Label Sticker - Unknown; Leaf Stickers - OneCanoeTwo; Enamel Dots - My Mind's Eye

45.5 Celebrate Every Milestone
This page was inspired by the free cut-file that Marie at Peartree Cut-Files released to mark 3000 Facebook group members. I hadn't been planning to document our 50 volunteers milestone, but this changed my mind.


Supplies: Paper - Cardstock - Bazzill; Studio Calico Snippets; Letters - American Crafts

46. Dartford
Eighteen months on from Shorne Woods, we visited our new NENDY at Dartford in January this year.


Supplies: Paper - Dovecraft Sugar & Spice, Sticker - My Mind's Eye; Nuvo Dots

All these pages mean that the album is now almost up-to-date. It's become two now though, so I need a new title page for the second volume and a page for Blaise Castle parkrun which I ran earlier this month.

Disclosure - I receive digital cut-files free of charge from Twilight Crafts as part of my Design Team role. All other supplies are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment