Saturday 25 May 2013

Boy in a Box

I'm carrying on with the Birthday Bash challenges from Sketch-n-Scrap today with a colour challenge from Crystal at Crystal's Garden. She asked us to use at least four colours from the inspiration photo (right), plus grey as a neutral. 

I initially though that I would be confined to plains and subtle single colour patterns, but a good rummage through my scraps box produced a whole assortment of green and blue papers that match the shades in the picture. The colours drew me to photos of my son as a toddler and I picked one of him buried in his toy box.


Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - Provocraft Blue Stripes, Authentique Loyal, Basic Grey Periphery
Letters - American Crafts Thickers
Buttons - Meiflower
Ink - Ink It Up!

Tools
Kreaxions Circle Cutter
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Hobbycraft Star Punch

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous job! I love that striped paper mixed with the paisley print. The two together really add a sense of movement and fun--perfect for the photo! Thanks for getting creative with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These papers are perfect for this challenge! I love your title too, so funny! Thanks for joining us our birthday bash at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my winner for my birthday bash challenge! Congrats! email me with your address so that I can get your prize out to you. crystals622@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete