Friday 24 May 2013

Five Years Older

I'm back with another of the Sketch-n-Scrap Birthday Bash challenges today. This time it's a Recipe Challenge from Monica at Document Moore Memories. She asked us to use multiple pictures, twine or ribbon, brads, gems and multiple alphabet sets. None of this was particularly difficult, so I decided to combine it with this month's scrap map at Creative Craft World.

Our children's passports needed to be renewed  earlier this year and we had extra photos left over; I dug out the spare photos from their last passports and decided to scrap old and new together.

There's no real colour in the photos and I knew I had this green paper with the subtle passport/travel motifs on it. While pulling that out, I found the orange with more passport stamps, and I used the stripes to bring the two colours together. 


The sketch was a starting point this time, rather than sticking to it faithfully, but I think the resemblance is clear. I have all of Monica's recipe ingredients - multiple photos, two alphabets, a length of ribbon held in place with two brads, and three strips of gems.

Supplies
Papers - Sandylion Travel Paper, MME On the Bright Side, Unlabelled Paper & Scraps
Letters - Papermania Alphaminis, October Afternoon Mini Market Stickers
Brads - Papermania
Gems - Making Memories
Ink - Ink It Up!, docrafts
Ribbon - from Stash

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circle Template
Papermania All Aboard Postmark Stamp

5 comments:

  1. Love the LO. Such a great way to document how you're children have changed over the years. Thanks for playing along with the recipe challenge.
    Monica- Document Moore Memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using the little photos is so neat, love how it looks, and love how it shows the change in age! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love what you've done with my sketch - well done and thank you for joining in with our challenge at CCW.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic layout Amanda!! Love the green background paper and what a great idea to scrap their passport photos!! Thanks again for joining in our Birthday Bash at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to scrap the passport photos! I love the colors you used and the stamp looks like one from a passport, very creative! Thanks for joining in our birthday bash at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete