Saturday 8 February 2014

Tromsø

Our Norwegian cruise last summer feels like a long time ago now, but scrapping it is bringing back lots of happy memories. I did the first batch of pages last autumn, but then it took me a while to order another batch of photos. I'm doing this album with divided page protectors, so I'm getting all the 4x6 photos printed professionally rather than relying on my home printer.

I got the second batch of photos back this week, and I've completed four pages from Tromsø. The first one has our arrival (in the fog, so just one photo) and our visit to Polaria - an 'Arctic-themed discovery centre' with a small aquarium.



This page will actually be three pages later in the album as I did two pages about specific buildings that will lie between these two. It has a photos of the marina, the four cruise ships that were in Tromsø that day and some of the statues and monuments from the city. The bottom row is the view as we left (so much better than our foggy arrival) and the glorious sunset that night.



Just a quick word about the photographs themselves. I ordered my first batch from Truprint and discovered that they were just a bit narrower than the 6" pockets, which meant that I was adding filler strips to the edges of my photos so that they couldn't move around too much in the pockets. This batch came from Photobox, and they are truly 6" wide and fit nicely in the pockets. I shall be sticking with Photobox from now on.

Supplies
Paper - Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu, Pink Paislee Portfolio, MME Follow Your Heart, Crate Paper DIY Shop,
Letters - American Crafts, Studio Calico
Washi Tape - October Afternoon, The Range
Brads - Papermania
Ink - Ink It Up!

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Woodware Tiny Star PunchX-Cut Small Circle Punch

1 comment:

  1. Great pages. I really like those little polaroid style photos in the first page. That's good to know about Truprint. I've only used Photobox previously, but sometimes get offer codes for other online printers.

    ReplyDelete