Friday 14 February 2014

Mary & Stuart

I'm sharing a trio of wedding pages today - one conventional 12x12 and two divided pages. When I originally planned this album I was overwhelmed by this set of photos; there aren't a lot of them, but they were mostly single photos or pairs of photos that related to different aspects of the day. It looked like either doing lots of one or two photo pages, or cramming them all onto a double, and I didn't really like either option.

Then I was inspired to use a divided page protector by the fourth video in Shimelle's Return to the Collection class. I don't know why I didn't think of it for myself as I am using them for my Norwegian cruise album, but I didn't. Anyway, this format allows me to put all the different photos together because each one still gets its own miniature 4x6 layout within the divided page.

The 12x12 page features the bride and groom and the rest of the wedding party, and has my only 4x6 vertical photo. The large hearts on the red paper are obscured, but I used pieces of the same paper in the divided pages.



I didn't have enough photos to fill all the pockets - the red hearts makes a good filler, and I included the invitation in another pocket. I've dug into my old stash of wedding stickers and rub-ons too as the colours matched the wedding colours so well.



I've tried to continue the same motifs through the pages, so there are lots of gold lines and hearts and lots of scalloped circles, a few flowers and the same lettering for all the subtitles. I also repeated some stamping in green in several places - the tree stamp that I used has pretty swirly branches and I overlapped those and omitted the trunk to get a mass of swirls across the 12x12 page and on the edges of a couple of the smaller cards.



There is one more page from the day to come - afterwards the bride and groom gave us a professional photo of our children who had been Page Boy and Flower Girl. That one will come next in the album and shares the same colour scheme, but I'll blog it tomorrow.

Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV Neutral Stack
Paper - Fancy Pants Love Story, Sandylion Hearts, Basic Grey True Love 6x6, Crate Paper Story Teller and others
Letters - American Crafts for Crate Paper DIY Shop, Anita's Glitterations
Numbers - Basic Grey Blitzen
Doily - Papermania
Peel-Off Hearts & Lines - probably Anita's
Epoxy Stickers - Royal & Langnickel
Gems - Papermania Dew Drops
Rub-Ons - Unknown
Gold Thread - Madeira
Washi Tape - Unknown
Ink - Papermania

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Woodware Daisy Punch
Imaginisce Tree Stamp

I am very grateful to everyone who organises blog hops, giveaways and challenges. I have been lucky enough to win stash from a few and these pages would not have been what they are without your generosity. The 6x6 papers and the tree stamp came from these (I just wish I could remember exactly which ones); the washi tape came from a stash swap organised by Scrap365 on Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment