Saturday 11 February 2023

Calle Real

This is the last page I need to make for the island of La Gomera on our Canary Islands cruise. I had a couple of photos of the main street and a couple more of the oldest church on the island which lies on that street. I considered two pages, but that didn't really feel merited so I ditched one of the street photos and just used the other three.

I chose to place the photos in opposite corners on the page, sitting on L-shaped papers, an arrangement inspired by sketch #38 from Scrap a Sketch. Apart from the photo positions, I didn't stick partcularly closely to the sketch, adding a tag with my title to the top and a journalling card to the bottom, filling in the open spaces on the original sketch.

My title is just the street name, for want of anything better, and I ran the name of the church up the side of its photo block in a similar style to that used on my Vegueta page recently.


Supplies
Paper - Jen Hadfield Peaceful Heart, Heidi Swapp Carefree
Letters - KaiserCraft, MAMBI
Ephemera & Stickers - Heidi Swapp
Washi Tape - Little B
Enamel Dots - Eyelet Outlet, Hey Little Magpie
Ink - Ranger
Paint - Golden

Tools
Big Shot & Dovecraft Label Die

No comments:

Post a Comment