Tuesday 7 February 2023

Volcanic Sands & Faraway Lands

I have another few pages to come from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, but I haven't printed all the photos yet so I'm moving on to our next island which was La Gomera. We had booked a hike in the rainforest here but it was cancelled due to a landslide blocking the road, which left us with a day in the very quiet town of San Sebastián instead. I've previously scrapped four of the six pages that I have planned so it shouldn't take too long to finish with this port of call.

I'd printed two photos for this page, both taken from the same place but looking at different things. I want them both to be in my album, but they are minor parts of the day and I didn't feel that either needed a whole 12x12 page. Therefore I split my page in two horizontally to give each photo its own space with separate titles and journalling. Those titles gave me some trouble as I wanted them to be linked in some way such as alliteration or rhymes. I eventually hit on Volcanic Sands (for the black sand of the main beach) & Faraway Lands (for a tiled floor commemorating Columbus' first voyage to the Americas).

All those As in the title meant that I chose to stamp it rather than run out of letters; I used a tile alphabet set, stamping each letter on white cardstock and cutting them out individually to look like stickers. The stamping looks a bit blotchy in the photo above, but it's much more legible in person. I had journalled on a couple of tags, which left the ampersand of my title 'floating' on the page so I added a flower below it and found something similar to go in the bottom tag.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Heidi Swapp Carefree, Jen Hadfield Peaceful Heart, Paige Evans Bungalow Lane
Ephemera - Rosie's Studio
Washi Tape - Little B
Enamel Stars - Maggie Holmes
Gems - Love to Craft
Ink - Ranger, Memento

Tools
Elle's Studio Tile Alphabet Stamps
Big Shot
Dovecraft Label Die
Dovecraft Leaf Die
X-Cut Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment