Thursday 2 February 2023

Parque Doramas

Another Canary Islands page today and I'm still in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. I have been working chronologically and the cathedral should be next, but I haven't printed all the photos for that yet. Instead, I'm moving forward in the day to a walk through Parque Doromas, a landscaped area with statues and fountains, named after the 15th century chieftain who tried to repel the invading Spanish. 

I printed four photos in varying sizes, with no clear plan for the page. I shuffled 6x8 papers and smaller scraps about until I had something pleasing, and then stuck it all down.

My embellishment started from a small epoxy arrow that I found, with the word 'us' in it, which I held for the next page with a photo of us on it. I copied that with a die-cut arrow on each side and built small clusters behind them. The flowers came later, when I realised that the larger one fit perfectly around the word 'hello' and I repeated the motif with a smaller one by the bottom photo.

Supplies
Paper - Heidi Swapp Carefree, Jen Hadfield Peaceful Heart, Studio Calico
Ephemera - Heidi Swapp, Rosie's Studio
Sticker - Heidi Swapp
Washi Tape - Unknown
Enamel Dots - Echo Park
Ink - Ranger
Paint - Golden

Tools
Big Shot
Make & Create Alphabet Dies
Little B Arrow Die

No comments:

Post a Comment