Wednesday 23 August 2023

Oslo

I'm back now with the third of my sub-title pages which will divide my cruise album into sections for each port. This was our first stop - Oslo - and I based my page design on this month's sketch from For the Love of Pretty Paper.

I chose a paper with a frame printed on it to match the sketch, and used a stencil to add some colour to the middle. I swapped over the main elements in the sketch, using a larger photo and a smaller title, and straightened them up. 

I'm cutting a large initial letter for each port name and backing them with a general view photo each time. I took this picture of the city from the roof of the opera house.



I turned the smaller photo sideways and used an acetate filmstrip piece as a frame for my title. The paper behind it is from a 6x6 pad and I chose it as the pattern is a lot like a repeating O (for Oslo). I stamped some arrows on the background, tucked in some tags and finished with a few stickers, all required elements for a tic-tac-toe challenge from GoGoGetaway last weekend.

Supplies
Cardstock - The Craft Place
Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Tourist Mode, Pinkfresh Studio Life Right Now
Letters - American Crafts
Filmstrip Frame - 49 & Market
Glitter Tape - Unknown
Washi Sticker - 49 & Market
Washi Tape - October Afternoon
Enamel Dots - Altenew, Pretty My Page
Ink - Ranger, Let's Color
Mist - Cosmic Shimmer

Tools
Big Shot & Dovecraft Tag Die
Vicki Boutin Fernwood Stencil
Heidi Swapp Arrow Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment