Saturday 28 January 2012

A Boy & His Ball

Shimelle Laine is leading a monthly project over at UKScrappers, called '& now for something completely different'. Each month includes a full scrapbook page tutorial in 20 steps. You can use exactly the same supplies as Shimelle, or adapt to suit what you have. The January project is based around a circular paper from October Afternoon and has a rocket theme, but I changed mine to football.

I got this paper as part of a job lot recently and I didn't think I could really use it as my son is not a football fan. I probably wouldn't have thought of cutting out the ball if it wasn't for this project, so thanks to Shimelle, it has been used and was not part of my stash for very long. 

I followed most of the 20 steps, but I did make a few changes. I tried the punched circles in among the misted paint but I didn't like them. I also replaced the stitched stars with stamped stars. Finally, she added dots of glitter but my white star was already glittery, I don't have white glitter and I didn't want to use a different colour. I will save stitches and glitter for another layout.

Supplies
Paper - Adornit Soccer Ball Jumbo, Fancy Pants Beach Bum
Stamps - Banana Frog Circus Stories
Letters - American Crafts, Authentique
Star Embellishment - from Stash
Paint - Folk Art Yellow Ochre
Ink - Ink It Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment