Friday 27 January 2012

Raffles Hotel

This week's challenge at Scrap Whispers is a sketch, which uses one landscape photo. I am trying to concentrate on my album of Singapore and Malaysia, so I rotated and adapted it to use with two landscape photos of Raffles Hotel in Singapore. 

We visited in December so the hotel was festooned in Christmas garlands, which prompted my colour choice of red and green. I mixed and matched paper from three manufacturers' Christmas ranges, but I chose the plainer papers or reverse sides.

I was originally going to put my title and journalling on the green paper, but my layout was beginning to look a bit 'blocky' so I had a re-think. Once I had moved the title and added the swirl, I didn't have much space left for journalling so I ended up splitting it over three stamped tags, something I haven't done before, and I quite like the effect. 

Supplies
Paper - Echo Park Christmas Dots & Stripes, We R Memory Keepers Peppermint Twist, Pebbles Welcome Christmas
Paper Embellishments - We R Memory Keepers Peppermint Twist
Element Sticker (behind title) - Echo Park Christmas Dots & Stripes
Letter Stickers - Anita's Glitterations
Chipboard Swirl - Papermania
Tag Stamps - KaiserCraft
Ink - Papermania
Gems - Dovecraft 

2 comments:

  1. Well how about that? I was there too at the beginning of January and they still had those beautiful decorations up. I wish I'd taken a photo now!
    Your simple treatment of this is perfect for those pics. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Whispers, and come back soon for another challenge!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and lovely pictures! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete