Saturday 14 January 2012

Play House

The second top ten challenge at My Scrapbook Nook was simpler than the first - and also much more difficult - to choose TEN patterned papers and use all of them on a page. Simpler because there were no constraints on size and placement. More difficult because I NEVER use that many papers.

It seemed to me that the only way to manage this was to choose papers from the same collection but I rarely buy more than a few. I do have a couple of packs of 2" x 12" paper strips and I initially tried to do something with those, but although they are all from one collection they seemed to split into two or three subgroups and I couldn't make 10 of them work together.

Finally I chose to use a pack of 8" x 8" papers - the Sugar & Spice Collection from Dovecraft. The papers all co-ordinated well but I had no idea how to use them all. I turned to Shimelle Laine's blog  for inspiration as she often uses a lot of papers and always makes them work. I didn't scraplift any particular layout but did try to copy her style with lots of layers of paper. At first glance, it may seem that I only used seven, but I cut the flowers from two sheets and punched the butterflies from another.
Supplies
Paper - Komodo Inc Winter Trees, Dovecraft Suger & Spice Collection
Letter Stickers - Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type 

No comments:

Post a Comment