Tuesday 16 September 2014

Corfe Castle

I haven't been doing the Summer Scrapbooking Challenges at UKScrappers in order, and I'm jumping to the last one now - to make 3 pages from a limited selection of supplies. These were: three background sheets; five other full sheets; a load of scraps; two cut apart sheets; large shapes/die cuts/PL cards; medium shapes/die cuts; enamel dots; wood veneer shapes; up to 4 washi tapes; alphabet stickers, big and small.

I chose a selection of papers from My Mind's Eye and Teresa Collins, and picked photos from a trip to Corfe Castle in Dorset. The photos fell into three groups, enough for a double page and two single pages, so I added an extra background sheet to the selection. I started with the double page and laid out my photos in a grid, running strips of patterned paper above and below them and filling in the gaps with more papers to complete the grid. I kept the embellishments simple with large circles cut from one of the papers.




This turned out to be quite a simple layout and it didn't make much of a dent in the kit that I'd pulled together. I have two more pages to share later in the week, and they have a few more layers and used more 'stuff'.

Supplies
Paper - MME Collectable, MME Quite Contrary, MME Miss Caroline, Teresa Collins Daily Stories
Letters - American Crafts Thickers
Ink - Ink It Up!

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Craft Creatives Heart Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment