Thursday 27 September 2018

Casablanca

I'll be making divider/title pages for each city we visited on this cruise just as I did for the last two. I had intended to use a single 6x8 picture on each one, but none of my Casablancan photos were good enough for that. I picked two in the end and printed them at 4x6 so they take up the same space as a 6x8.

I want the photo(s) on these title pages to be general views of the cities but that was tricky for Casablanca. We sailed directly into a commercial (i.e. ugly) port and couldn't see much of the low-rise city beyond it. The top photo on my page was taken across the port entrance as we arrived, and the bottom one was taken across a bay that we walked round.


I used this month's "Jump Start" sketch challenge from The ScrapRoom blog for my page. It was a good one for two 4x6 photos and the circles are a little more interesting than lots of boxes. I kept quite close to the original sketch, even to using stars and arrows in my embellishment. The biggest change was moving the title to curve it round the large circle rather than having such a long word overlap my photo.

Last week I made a 'K is for Kits' page for the Alpha Relay challenge at For the Love of Pretty Paper, and this week I've been picked (by random number generator) to set the the next one. I chose 'V is for Vacation' and this is my sample page for the challenge.

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset, Stampin' Up!
Paper - OneCanoeTwo Twilight, Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa, Bo Bunny Early Bird
Letters - Jillibean Soup
Stickers - Studio Calico, Freckled Fawn, Jo-Ann's, OneCanoeTwo
Gems - Papermania, Love to Craft
Washi Tape - Hobbycraft
Ink - Memento
Mist - Mister Huey's, Heidi Swapp

Tools
Big Shot
Little B Arrows Die
X-Cut Travel Die
Craft Creative Flower Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment