Wednesday 12 September 2018

Inspired by Triangles

I recently saw a scrapbook page on Facebook which used a triangles cut file background. It's a commercially available file (DIY Quilt from The Cut Shoppe), but I was sure I could create something similar for myself and decided to give it a go.

I have a Silhouette portrait which is only 8" wide so I couldn't make an exact replica, but I came close and used pages from a 6x6 pad to back it with. I layered the cut piece over my 12x12 and added a torn paper strip to the join



I don't know what page I will use this for yet. I really made it for the challenge of creating the file and the joy of playing with pretty paper.

The page that inspired me, and the DIY Quilt cut file are on this link: https://thecutshoppe.blogspot.com/2018/08/best-kid-tarrah-mclean.html


Supplies
White Cardstock
Paper - Studio Calico Sundrifter, Studio Calico Heyday

Tools
Silhouette Portrait


No comments:

Post a Comment