Tuesday 4 September 2018

SWCP 7

The last page for my 2014 album is one that I so often leave until last. Every year since 2008 my husband and father-in-law have walked a section of the South West Coast Path, a 630 mile journey from Poole in Dorset round to Minehead in Somerset, and in 2014 they walked round the Lizard peninsula in Cornwall. 

I find the pages from these walks to be difficult to make as there are a large number of photos and since I wasn't there I don't know which ones are important to them and I don't know the details of their week. Some years my husband writes blog posts which I can use, but he didn't do any for 2014 so there's minimal journalling on this page. I took most of my inspiration from the 2015 page that I've already made, which led me to a huge grid filling most of the double page. I printed all the photos at the same height and filled in the ends of the rows with cards for journalling and embellishments. I couldn't find any letter stickers the right size and shape to have my title fill the space available, so I cut that on my Silhouette. 


I'd already started to prepare this page when a FTLOPP Summer Fiesta challenge was set to use a blue background paper with the theme of the sea. I use the same blue background paper for the SWCP page every year, so this was the perfect challenge and came through at the perfect time for me.

Supplies
Paper - Craft Creative, My Mind's Eye, Daisy D's, Pink Paislee
Letters - October Afternoon
Wood Veneer - Creative Embellishments, Studio Calico
Washi Tape - Unknown
Puffy Sticker - Jillibean Soup
Enamel Shapes - Marianne Designs, Stampin' Up!

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
X-Cut Circle Punches
X-Cut Corner Punch



No comments:

Post a Comment