Sunday 11 July 2021

Beep! Beep!

I'm combining three challenges in one page today as For the Love of Pretty Paper recently held a 'Journey of Change' cybercrop and Dotty About Flair are celebrating their first birthday with a whole month of challenges.

The first challenge was to be inspired by this rainbow page from Scrappy Kathy for DAF, which came with a video showing how she used bleeding tissue paper to create her coloured circles.

I'd never heard of bleeding tissue paper before, and had no intention of buying it, so I used India inks for my page, and switched to a full circle of coloured splodges to match the first July sketch from Lottie Loves Paper.

I used an ink dropper to dot my ink on the page and then spritzed each dot with water to make it spread. I'd never done anything like this before, generally preferring more control over any mixed media I use, so it qualifies for FTLOPP's 'Try Something New' challenge.

Once my ink had dried, I spattered the page with gold paint and then stamped circles over each colour and added puffy stars to each one. I also added nuvo drops; I'm not sure that was the right decision but they can't be undone.


My page is rather warped despite using Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock, so I'm hoping it flattens down in the album.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Letters - American Crafts/Shimelle Box of Crayons
Inks - Dr Ph Martins
Puffy Stars - Paperchase
Dots - Nuvo Drops
Ink Pad - Ranger
Paint - Golden

Tools
Personal Impressions ' Circle Tags' Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment