Saturday 31 July 2021

Go Bananas for Rag

This one was an epic page for a birthday challenge from Dotty About Flair. They released their first flair designs on 10 July (10/7) last year and the challenge was to use as many items as possible from a list of 107, a mix of colours, motifs and techniques. My first task was to find a suitable set of photos, and I hit on RAG week at university, a week where students raise money for local charities, as a subject that could take some random motifs.

One of the items on the list was to scraplift another member of the group, and I picked this page from Kerryn; she made the stripes on her background by swiping ink pads across the page. It's easy and effective and something I shall do again. I chose three colours for my page and used the remains of a sheet of alphabet rub-ons over the stripes for 'something quirky'.

Other items included a flip or flap and a hidden element so my main photo lifts up to reveal a second one inside (for 2+ photos too). We could use the same thing for more than one item on the list so my filmstrip ticks off black, coloured cardstock, vellum, frames and cut-file in one go, as well as holding some puffy stickers which tick off a few more elements.


Under the Flap
I'm not going to list all 107 items but I do have them all on the page (with a degree of interpretation such as using a shell for the beach prompt). 

I think I've managed to keep the front as a cohesive page, and then I used the space inside my flap to hide some of the more random pieces like a strip of union flag washi tape to represent Britain.

By the way, "Go Bananas" was the theme for that year's RAG week. We had "Go Sharkin' for RAG" and "Go Barking Mad for RAG" in subsequent years.

Supplies
Cardstock - Crafts UK
Paper - Pink Paisllee/Paige Evans Whimsical, Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Rurn the Page, American Crafts/Vicki Boutin Storyteller, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine, Photoplay Boatding Pass
Letters - American Crafts, Pinkfresh Studio
Rub-Ons - Three Bugs in a Rug
Ephemera - Jillibean Soup
Chipboard - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans
Flair - Dotty About Flair
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico, Freckled Fawn?
Puffy Stickers - Journal Studio, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine
Stickers - Simple Stories, Pink Paislee/Paige Evans
Twine & Washi Tape - Unknown
Sequins - Pretty Little Studio
Enamel Dots - Eyelet Outlet, Simple Stories
Epoxy Hearts - Studio Calico
Brads - Papermania
Ink - Ranger
Paint - Golden

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot
X-Cut Camera Die
Dovecraft Labels Die

No comments:

Post a Comment