Monday 5 July 2021

The Dark Light

Much as I'd like to get my2018 album finished, the photos just aren't inspiring me at the moment so I'm changing tack, picking challenges that do inspire me and then finding photos (from any year) to go with them.

The first one that caught my eye was a scraplift challenge from Scrap Squad, to lift a page by Lacey Robin for Paper Issues. 

Those diamond shapes made me think of the tile print on a paper from Vicki Boutin's Storyteller collection, so I started by chopping it up into individual squares. I picked grey cardstock for my background, and smooshed ink over it in three colours that match the paper. Most of it's been covered by the tiles, but that's the effect I wanted, with just a little peeking out around the edges.

My photo's an old one of Dungeness Lighthouse (which coincidentally we visited again last month so it'll be making another appearance here soon) that I matted on cardstock and then another Storyteller paper. The title gave me some trouble as the lighthouse has been decommissioned so I couldn't use any title based around it shining; it's even been painted black so that is harder to see and doesn't confuse seafarers. Eventually I hit upon The Dark Light and cut it on my Silhouette as I didn't have all the letters I needed in any of my sticker sets. 


Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset?
Paper - American Crafts/Vicki Boutin Storyteller
Letters - Creative Devotion
Stickers - OneCanoeTwo
Enamel Stars - Doodlebug
Ink - Ranger, Memento
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment