Thursday 12 August 2021

"Bundled" Mini Book

I don't normally make mini-books unless I have a plan for filling/finishing them, but I recently saw a tutorial from Cal Summers in the Dotty About Flair Facebook group for an accordion mini-book that was too quick and easy to pass by.

Cal's original book was 6x8" in size, but I dropped down to 10x14cm so that I could use up the remainder of a 6x6" pad. Sorry for mixing my measurements, but my cutting mat is metric. I'm of an age that I can happily swap between the two as I was taught metric in school while using imperial in the real world.

My pad was from Authentique's Bundled collection, with papers in a mix of blues and brown with touches of orange and yellow. The accordion was easy to make, and it sits between chipboard covers which I covered in 8x8" papers from another collection.


I made a pocket inside the front cover


and decorated the pages with offcuts, arrows and cameras, these being 'safe' icons whatever photos I choose to put in the album later on. 


I only stuck the labels and circles down on one side, so that I can tuck photos under them later.


I used one of the larger scraps to make a lift-up flap on the final page.


This was quick, simple book to make, and you can easily add as many pages as you want as there's no spine. I'm rather happy to have 'killed off' the 6x6 pad too as while I still like the papers I've struggled to actually use them on 12x12 pages.

Supplies
Chipboard
Paper - Authentique Bundled, V&A
Washi Tape - Dovecraft

Tools
Big Shot
X-Cut Camera Dies
Dovecraft Label Die
Little B Arrow Die
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment