Friday 6 August 2021

Make Your Own Tent

If you're a regular reader here, you'll know that my husband enjoys hiking and wild camping. He's owned a variety of tents over the years but never the perfect tent, so he taught himself to sew and then made his own. This page captures the process from first computer design through various paper and cotton prototypes to the finished tent in use on Dartmoor.

I chose a split background for my page as neither paper seemed right on its own, and then worked with a strip of small photos, a column of journalling and some patterned paper strips behind my main photo.


Supplies
Paper - Simple Stories Simple Vintage Great Escape, DCWV Linen Closet, Crate Paper, My Mind's Eye
Letters - American Crafts, My Mind's Eye, Jo-Ann's
Word Stickers - Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes
Washi Tape - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Turn the Page, Dovecraft
Enamel Dots - Eyelet Outlet, Simple Stories

Tools
Big Shot & Little B Arrow Die


No comments:

Post a Comment