Sunday 15 August 2021

Hares About Town

I have a double page to share today, another for my 2021 album. Hares About Town is a charity sculpture trail, currently being held in Southend-on-Sea before the hares are auctioned in aid of Havens Hospices. I spent a few hours ticking off the ones on the sea-front and the town centre.

I used the July double sketch from Stick It Down, with a grid of hare photos on the right side. My photos didn't fill the full height of the page so I ran lines of washi tape across the top and bottom of the double page. 

I chose to kill off a 6x6 pad by using shorter paper strips than those on the sketch, 6" tall in the bottom part of the page, and shorter ones to fit the space above.

One of the statues was positioned against a painted background (under a railway bridge) with the name of the hunt and a hare illustration; that photo's on the left side of the page and doubles as my title. I squeezed in a couple more hares on tags which overlap the main, larger photo.

I cut viewfinder circles from one of the papers, and die-cut labels from a couple of others, and used them in three clusters with some stickers and enamel dots.

Supplies
Cardstock - UK Crafts, Bazzill
Paper - My Mind's Eye Now and Then
Washi Tape - Unknown
Stickers - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans, Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes
Enamel Dots - Studio Calico, Freckled Fawn, Altenew

Tools
Big Shot
X-Cut Tag Die
Dovecraft Label Die


No comments:

Post a Comment