Saturday 23 April 2022

A Quick Dip

I'm not making my cruise album pages in chronological order and will be jumping about as inspiration strikes. Today I'm on the beach in Gran Canaria for a page that started from a sketch by Lisa Sikorski at Scrap a Sketch, but took on a life of its own.

Right from the start, this was going to be a two-photo page and I added the smaller photo on a tag alongside the large one from the sketch. I laid out the paper layers as per the sketch but they didn't work for me so I jiggled things, removed one of the papers and added some horizontal strips as a 'shelf' for my photos to sit on. 


I added a journalling card which wasn't part of the sketch, moved the title from its original position because of my second photo and moved the floral clusters too. As I said, the page took on a life of its own, but sometimes when that happens you just have to go with the flow.

Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - Heidi Swapp Carefree, Jen Hadfield Peaceful Heart, OneCanoeTwo Willow
Letters - Studio Calico
Ephemera - Rosie's Studio
Cork Arrow - Studio Calico
Stickers - Studio Calico
Washi Tape - Unknown
Gems - Love to Craft
Ink - Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment