Monday 4 April 2022

Spring Chicks

I'm back with another project for Twilight Crafts and Jenny Wren Cut-Files. This time I took the camera from the Hobbies Elements 2 set and used it as a large embellishment on my page.

I had four 3x4 photos of cygnets, goslings and coot chicks in our local nature park and I cut the camera at the same size to fit a rough grid. 

I backed the camera with patterned paper, picking colours from the photos. However, just taking my colours from the photos would have given me quite a dull page. I looked in my scraps box for colour inspiration and found a stripe and a green from the same collection. I then pulled orange, blue and brown papers to match the stripes. 

I layered torn strips on the right, matted my photos on the four colours and butted up four 3" strips on the left of the page. I then made up three embellishment clusters from punched and die-cut shapes using the same papers again.

Supplies
Paper - Make & Create Grunge Dreams, Scrap Within Reach, Simple Stories, Bo Bunny
Letters - Pinkfresh Studio
Word Stickers - Pretty Little Studio
Enamel Dots - Papermania, Freckled Fawn, Eyelet Outlet, Simple Stories
Ink - Memento
Paint - Golden

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Woodware Postage Stamp Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Big Shot
X-Cut Camera Die
Dovecraft Label Die

Disclosure - I received the digital cut-file free of charge from Twilight Crafts. All other supplies are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment