Wednesday 27 April 2022

Castillo de San José

I've said before that I'm not scrapping our Canary Islands holiday in order, just making pages as inspiration strikes. My starting point for this page was another sketch by Lisa Sikorski at Scrap a Sketch.

I had four photos from the Castillo de San José in Arrecife, an ex-fortress turned art museum; at 3x4 they were larger than those in the sketch and a mix of landscape and portrait but the sketch was quite adaptable.

I matted the photos on cardstock and filled in the extra space next to the portrait photo with a strip of patterned paper which became the backdrop to a floral embellishment cluster, and I actually followed the sketch quite closely for a butterfly-based cluster at the top left. I added a trio of nuvo drops to each cluster but they looked quite sparse so I upgraded them to a trio of trios; I think that may have been too many dots but they're done now.

I had too much journalling for the small strips on the sketch and tried it with a number of longer strips below the left photos but they didn't look right. After a bit of pondering I turned the journalling sideways and wrote on the torn paper strip at the left of the page.

Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - Heidi Swapp Carefree, Jen Hadfield Peaceful Heart
Letters - KaiserCraft
Stickers - Studio Calico, Heidi Swapp, Jen Hadfield
Puffy Hearts - Rosie's Studio
Washi Tape - Unknown
Dots - Nuvo Drops
Ink - Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment