Monday 25 January 2016

Little Artists

I recently won a gift voucher for The Cut Shoppe and I've been playing with my new cut files. One of my favourites is the Little Letters background file, and I did a trial cut on plain white card while playing with the settings on my Silhouette portrait. Once I'd cut it though, I decided to go ahead and use it on a page. The alphabet theme made me think of a school page, but then I remembered an old photo of my son and my nephew colouring, which I thought would work well with it.





I'd done most of the page before last Wednesday, and was pondering the embellishment when Glitter Girl posted her latest adventure - No. 125: Sticker Surplus. I was thinking about one small cluster, just overlapping the top right of the photo, but it was making the page unbalanced. Having watched Glitter Girl, I tried to follow her guidelines and decided to place two clusters in opposite corners. There's a diagonal line from one through the title to the other and they 'enclose' both the photo and the alphabet cut, which had begun to look a little separate from the rest of the page.

Supplies
Paper - Authentique Natural, My Mind's Eye Now & Then (6x6)
Letters - American Crafts, My Mind's Eye
Word Stickers - My Mind's Eye
Labels - Printable from Sarah's Cards Ltd
Pearls - Mark Richards
Washi Tape - Unknown
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

Other
Little Letters Cut File from The Cut Shoppe

1 comment:

  1. It's great having the ideas from glitter girl again isn't it! Lucky you winning the gift voucher...a good uses of it too.

    ReplyDelete