Monday 11 January 2016

The Line

My husband gave me a home-made gift certificate for Christmas entitling me to "A super duper paper shapes cutting machine thingy", otherwise known as a Silhouette Portrait. This is the baby brother of the Cameo, the only differences that I can see are the cutting width (only 8" rather than 12") and the price (about £125 versus £255).

One of the first things that I cut is the logo from The Line, a modern sculpture walk that I did last October and blogged about here. I downloaded the logo from their website, imported it into the Silhouette software and resized it to make it a major element of my page.

I had eight photos of the sculptures, which I spit into two groups, north and south of the Thames. I layered them with vellum and a floral paper but I didn't want the page to get too fussy with lots of different patterns.



Supplies
Cardstock - My Mind's Eye Kraft Fun-Day, DCWV Neutral Stack
Paper - K&Company, Dovecraft Eastern Promise, Basic Grey, October Afternoon
Vellum - Doodlebug
Letters - My Mind's Eye Necessities
Chipboard - My Mind's Eye Market Street
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Amanda! Love this page and I think your title is awesome. The subtle layers add a soft and pretty element to the dramatic title. xx

    ReplyDelete