Friday 28 October 2016

Christmas Presents

I've almost finished my 2015 album now. The final few pages are planned out in my head at least, and will be down on paper soon. It's a lovely feeling, and this will be the first annual album that I've finished in ages; 2010 and 2011 just need a few pages and 2012 to 2014 are all still works in progress. (Of course, an album is never completely finished, I can always add more stories and photos, but I mean finished in the sense that I have made all the pages that I currently want to make for that album.)

This page will sit opposite the last one I made and, since they cover Christmas Day and Boxing Day, I've used the same background and the leftover paper pieces, as well as many of the same embellishments.

I chose to work with Sketch #299 from Creative Scrappers, though with one less photo. Half way through making the page, I flipped the paper layers from left to right, not for some clever design reason, but because I gutted the silver baubles paper and I cut away a piece from the wrong side! 



I've managed to use some older stash on this page - the red paper is from 2006 (though I haven't had it quite that long) and, since I don't scrap with silver very often, I decided to use up the remainder of a pack of eyelet brads here (9 from the original 20).

Supplies
Paper - Basic Grey Knee Highs, Echo Park Reflections Christmas, Echo Park This and That Christmas, 
      American Crafts HollyDay, My Mind's Eye Bohemia
Letters - Freckled Fawn, DCWV
Doily - Papermania
Washi Tape - Tesco
Stickers - Echo Park, Ebay
Stars - Paperchase
Eyelet Brads - Pebbles
Gems - Doodlebug, The Range 
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
Amy Tangerine Date Stamp
Shimelle Christmas 2015 Stamps

2 comments:

  1. Awesome layout with fabulous details!Thanks for playing alond with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this layout a lot. I am definitely scrap lifting this one. I always like a layout that features the photos first & then the paper & embellishments next - I like those tiny stars.

    ReplyDelete