Thursday 20 October 2016

"Starting Point" Pages

A few weeks ago I collected a stash kit together to scrap our narrowboat holiday. It was based around Basic Grey's What's Up collection and I made four single pages and one double from it. I actually didn't use many of the other papers, so those have gone back into my stash, as have the unused embellishments.

I was loathe to consign the Basic Grey pieces to my scraps box, so I've made a couple of Starting Point pages. These are pages that I start without a specific photo in mind, and finish later on. It may seem to be a dangerous approach to scrapbooking, but I've done it before and I do use these pages sooner or later. I certainly won't pair them with any 2016 photos, so it may be next year before I use them, but that's OK.

I started with the largest pieces and made a page with uneven quadrants on the background. I've been rather specific with the photo size, and designed the page for a 4x6 vertical photo next to a block for journalling.



Now I was really down to just scraps, with all the remaining pieces being smaller than 4x6. I arranged and rearranged them on my background until I had a configuration that I liked. There will be more flexibility with the photos here, though I feel that it will work best with a larger landscape or two smaller portrait photos.



Now I only have these few tiny pieces left, but I am keeping them until I finish the pages. They are big enough to punch a few shapes from, and I haven't embellished either of my new pages yet.


EDIT:
The second page was used here.


Supplies
Basic Grey What's Up
Crate Paper Crush
My Mind's Eye Now & Then

No comments:

Post a Comment